Government, Vehicle & Industrial
Hospital Extinguisher & Suppression
Commercial Kitchen & Restaurant
Fire Extinguisher Company
in Gary, Indiana
When it comes to buying or purchasing fire extinguishers and the service, repair, maintenance, refill, recharge, annual inspection with tag, six (6) year service or hydrostatic test find a qualified professional. Fire extinguisher companies that are factory trained, manufacturer certified and/or NAFED certified actively licensed in Gary, Indiana. Certified fire extinguisher companies have proven a level of knowledge, skill and experience for additional assurance.
Work with the best fire extinguisher company in Gary, Indiana. A fire extinguisher company with experience, skill and knowledge that cares about your safety and helps you comply with fire codes in Gary, Indiana.
Fixed Fire Extinguisher Systems
Fire Extinguishers in Gary, Indiana
Portable, wheeled and fixed unit fire extinguishers are an invaluable tool if they are readily available and properly functioning in the event of fire emergencies. Fire extinguishers are designed for specific use and should be matched to the Class of Fire it was designed to fight, such as Class A, B, C, D or Class K (Types of Fire Extinguishers) installing them near their specific designated fire hazards in vehicles, buildings, facilities or structures as described by Insurance Company, OSHA, Federal or Government Agency and Fire & Safety Codes in Gary, Indiana.
For assistance in matching the proper fire extinguisher to any fire hazard such as wood, cloth, plastic, metal, flammable liquids, paints, etc… Contact a qualified professional…
Your local fire marshal is a great place to start if you have questions regarding fire protection methods, fire safety or fire codes in Gary, Indiana and fire extinguisher companies that are factory trained, manufacturer certified and/or NAFED certified actively licensed in Gary, Indiana. Certified fire extinguisher companies have proven a level of knowledge, skill and experience for additional assurances. Fire extinguisher training courses are available to help educate you on fire hazards, how to respond and properly fight different fire hazards and how to use fire extinguishers.
OSHA Fire Extinguisher Service, Maintenance & Inspection in Gary, Indiana.
To ensure your fire extinguishing system will perform as expected in the event of a fire, you are required to:
- Inspect each system annually, and operate and maintain them in a working condition, making sure they are always turned on, except during repairs or maintenance [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(6)].
- Notify employees and establish measures to guarantee their safety if a fixed extinguishing system becomes inoperable. Fix any defects or impairments by trained personnel. [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(2)].
- Check the weight and pressure of refillable containers at least semiannually. If the container shows a loss in net content, weight, or pressure, it must be subjected to maintenance [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(7)].
- Assure that factory charged non-refillable containers that have no means of pressure indication are weighed at least semiannually. Replace the container if it shows a loss in net weight [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(8)].
- Assure that inspection and maintenance dates are recorded and kept until the container is checked again or for the life of the container, whichever is less [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(9)].
- Train employees designated to inspect, maintain, operate, or repair fixed extinguishing systems. Review their training annually to keep them up-to-date [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(10)].
- Train all employees with respect to the type of systems installed in the workplace, the hazards involved, proper activation in case of emergency, and the correct response to audible and visual pre-discharge alarms. Provide training for non-English speaking employees in languages understood by the affected employees and other individuals that may be exposed to the hazard.
- Provide and assure the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for rescuing employees trapped in areas that have become hazardous due to an agent discharge [29 CFR 1910.160(b)(17)].