What is a cookie?
A small amount of text stored on your computer’s hard drive when visiting a website.
Types of cookies
The following examples are types of cookies.
Describes lifespan of cookie to domain to which it belongs, generally erased upon closing the browser.
These cookies will remain on a users computer/device for a defined period of time.
A small amount of text stored on your computer’s hard drive, that helps a website identify visitor traffic and pages visited.
When a website shares its data or website analytics with retail stores, manufacturers or marketing firms to aid them in reaching their target audience.
When a website has ads displayed on their web pages, articles or videos from a third party such as a Google, Yahoo, Bing, retailer, manufacturer or marketing firm. It is their ability to track performance of the ads they are paying the website you are visiting.
1) The Extinguisher Pro ™ does not request personal user information. There are no forms, log in, passwords, uploading of pictures, or user inputted content. We do not track user personal call logs, texts, videos or ask you permission to do so. We do not own any user inputted information. We believe the content you create is yours and you are entitled to privacy.
2) The Extinguisher Pro ™ uses Session Cookies to help identify you as a unique visitor and improve your experience while browsing on any of our website properties.
3) The Extinguisher Pro ™ uses First-Party cookies to learn how many visitors we receive, the web pages visited, and return visitors, helping us improve content on those web pages, articles or videos.
4) The Extinguisher Pro ™ may use these cookies to help offset its costs by selling relevant advertising on our websites such as First-Party, Second-Party or Third-Party cookies. We only use these cookies as needed for advertisers or if ordered by the court system.
5) The Extinguisher Pro ™ may work with third party network advertising firms or search engines, such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo to aid us in relevant ad placement, on web pages, articles or videos for our website series. Thus they may use Third-Party cookies to track performance of the ads they pay for.
6) The Extinguisher Pro ™ uses a third-party to monitor calls. This is to prove what type of lead an exclusive fire protection service company member receives. Such as the type of fire protection system (Sprinkler, Extinguisher, or Suppression System) and what service is requested (Estimate, Repair, Install, Maintenance or Service). The Extinguisher Pro ™ does not share this information with anyone other than potential member advertisers. We do not monitor calls from directory listings, you are given the phone number listed with OSFM and State Licensing Bureau. A toll-free number and a stand-alone logo of only one fire protection company at top of website with a notice calls are monitored for quality assurance, helps you determine an exclusive member.
“When did cookies become such a big thing?”
As the internet platform has become a resource to expand our knowledge or satisfy these needs, so has the purpose of tracking. So we may improve the user experience.
Opt-Out from Cookie Use
If you do not wish not to be tracked, you may disable cookies in your desk, smartphone and tablet browser by refusing some or all cookies.
Granted…this money is used for many websites operating expenses and helps pay for websites, web pages, articles and videos you enjoy.
Disable Cookies / Opt-Out
Website companies update links, which may change their address in the URL Bar, if the links below do not work, please search your favorite search engine to, “disable cookies/opt out from the provider”, for whom you wish to disable cookies with.
More about Google policy for advertising based on interests and location
Network Advertising Initiative